Application Deadline: December 17, 2020
Call for Artists:
Circle Craft Co-Operative is excited to announce that we are currently accepting submissions from local emerging fine craft artists for our Emerging Artists 2021: Redefining Fine Craft exhibition in June 2021.
Since we are in the midst of the pandemic, we will take the necessary precautions to ensure the safety and health of our artists and staff members.
What does craft look like to you in the midst of the pandemic? Artwork should talk about themes of exploration, experimentation, and wonder; focusing on reinterpreting what fine craft means to you.
Do you work in any of the following media?
BIPOC artists, artists with disabilites and underrepresented artists are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellence of design and handmade fabrication
- Uniqueness and/or originality of concept and design
- As a New/Early Career artist, you are entering or are in the early stages (5 years or less) of your profession
- New/Early Career includes artists who are new to Canada, and may have received training or begun a career in their country of origin
- Training in an academic institution is not mandatory
- Demonstrated commitment to the ongoing development of your skills and artistic practice.
How to apply:
Submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Exhibition Application Form
- Exhibition Artwork List
Click the buttons below for Exhibition Application Form and Exhibition Artwork list.
Contact our Exhibitions Coordinator, Shanna Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your submissions. We value your work and your presence as artists in community. If you require assistance in preparing your CV, we can go over ideas, collaborate, and review your portfolio. You can also click the button below for a PDF of resources on portfolio preparation, documentation, pricing, and photography.
Notification date: January 14, 2021. We understand art takes time, and we want to ensure that you have ample time to create and explore.